altkey() down, up & halfway down

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:56:26 EST 2012

On 30/11/12 08:33, Richmond wrote:
> Has anybody any bright ideas why this doesn't work:
>
> on mouseUp
>    if altkey() is down then
>       put "ALT key is down" into fld "fOUTPUT"
>    end if
> end mouseUp
>
> or this:
>
> on mouseUp
>    if the altkey is down then
>       put "ALT key is down" into fld "fOUTPUT"
>    end if
> end mouseUp
>
> on Linux?
>
> 'Tisn't funny, m'dears!
>
> Richmond.

(blast, answering my own message again)

The documentation appears to be a bit dicky; if I put this in a button:

on mouseUp
    put empty into fld "fOUTPUT"
    put the keysDown into fld "fOUTPUT"
end mouseUP

and I click the button with the SHIFT, CTRL, X, Y, Z or TAB keys pressed
I get 'magic numbers';
all very well and super, BUT . . .

there ain't nuffin doin' when I press the ALT key.

Now that is NOT what the documentation says.

Tested with LC 4.5 on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) and Mac PPC (10.4); as at
work (kids taking an exam)
I have not had a chance to test this on Windows.

Richmond.

And, 'tis a roight cough, cough, cough from my point of view as rather
important
for the start of the next SDLC of Devawriter Pro.