Looking for Header Column Control

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Nov 29 17:00:23 EST 2012

Aloha, Jacqueline

Well, make a pretty header may be useful for some apps, and yes, the new
text properties are awesome and when some makes a palette control for
using them I'll use it (hehe.. not about to script all that...!)

but the other part of my request was.

"a header control that will allow dynamic resizing of columns in a field
with tab stops and vertical
grid on."

Richard: I'll have to  swallow the learning curve on the data grid
later... we are sweating it out here as we are about go live on Dec 3rd
with our completely newly designed, running on RevIgniter site... in 4 days!

So, I went in a different direction:

For now I just made the columns reasonable for the address and info and
the on mousedown on the list pushed the line to another palette/
sub-stack  with each column on it's own line

first name
last name
address1
address
etc.

and then the person dealing with these guest book entries (we have a
kiosk computer on our property for visitors that send the data to our
server...) can more easily edit that and when he saves, it updates the
line on the field below which is locked.  It's working... so he doesn't
have to resize the columns now, and this actually provides a better UI
for editing "the record"

Om Shanti

Brahmanathaswami
Kauai Aadheenam