Looking for Header Column Control

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 28 13:04:31 EST 2012

On 11/28/12 11:15 AM, Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> Before I cook up my own, I'm looking for a header control that will
> allow dynamic resizing of columns in a field with tab stops and vertical
> grid on.
>
> I tried Chip's altFldHeader but it has the limitation of being tied to
> the stack/card width, so if you have a field with many columns that need
> to allow data to be viewed: date, 1st name, last name,addressa,
> address2, city,state,zip,country, plus phone email CC# and even more --
> you need to set the field to be scrollable horizontally and the header
> needs to flow left and right along with the field.

This sounds like a good candidate for the new field properties. Make the
first line of the field the header. Set its backgroundcolor, and if you
want, add some spaceabove and spacebelow. Add a borderwidth if you want,
or a textstyle. See the release notes for all the cool new paragraph
features you can use. Basically almost all the field-level properties we
have can now be applied to individual lines.

That's all you'd need to do. The tabstops will inherit from the field
and everything will scroll normally because it's all one block of text.
The only change you'd need to make would be to remove the first line of
text in your scripts before processing any content.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com