[OT] the evils (?) of secure boot.

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Mon Nov 26 14:05:30 EST 2012

I get the sense that this is the philosophy towards security that Microsoft executives have always made in respect to securing their OS and software: Always take the shortest path between the problem and the golf course. In this case it manifests itself by locking everything down so tight the end user can hardly move, then putting up horror movie warnings if the user tries to change anything. But fundamentally rethinking how they write their software in the first place? Unthinkable!!
Bob