it and explicitVar?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 17:00:10 EST 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Jerry Jensen <jhj at jhj.com> wrote:
> I can't find anywhere in the docs that claim the copy command will affect it. Seems
>logical, but I suppose one could argue which should be it, if anything. The group or
> the cd? Apparently neither.

I think I had to use trial & error to figure it out.  *something* had
to refer to what just got pasted . . .

> Oh, BTW its topleft, not upperleft.

Yeah, I make that mistake every time I use it, and probably have been
for 25 years . . . I'm sticking with the name being a bug :)  [Dennis
Ritchie told me a few years ago that Ken would have agreed with my
position that the names of rmdir & mkdir were bugs, as any command
that important should only take two letters . . .]

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462