"Badge" in answer modal?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:34:31 EST 2012

On 11/21/2012 10:59 PM, Robert Sneidar wrote:
> If it were fairly easy to get sheet dialogs in Windows, I would be all for it. I am looking at eventually having to go through an app and make it cross platform, meaning a lot of conditional checks for things like this. I don't think it should be a decision RnRev makes whether or not an application complies with interface guidelines, however I get that the feature of producing an app for each platform that has the look and feel of the respective OS is compelling.
>
> There should probably be a preference or property to be able to override the default HIG specifications, so that if I want to use sheet dialogs, or some other mechanism not prescribed in the HIG, I should be able to.
>
> Bob

Well, as one can fake badged dialog windows for cross-platform parity by
using palettes

there should be no earthly reason why one cannot fake sheets.

However, as it is my bedtime and I have a full day today teaching small
Bulgarians
how to say "Hello" and so forth I shall leave my attempt at that one
until the
weekend.