Changing script editor font and size (Was: SOMETHING PRETTY BASSIC)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:32:35 EST 2012

Although there is a Zoom feature in Universal Access, even when it's turned
Off there is a Screen Zoom feature which can be used. Screen Zoom is
available with any trackpad or if you have a Magic Mouse, Mighty Mouse or
mouse with a scroll wheel. Press *Ctrl + Scroll UP (two finger if using a
trackpad). It should be On by default but you can access it via the TackPad
or Mouse Preference Pane. It's easy to get the LC Preference Pane to fill
the screen and that is only at about 15% of the available magnification! If
I go all the way I can magnify it so only two lines vertically and about 18
characters horizontally FILL the screen. The trick is to place the cursor
over what you want magnified, then when you magnify it will be right in the
middle of your screen.

This obviously isn't a working solution, you can't work with the script
editor this way, but for those occasional situations where you need to read
the tiny print of a Preference Pane, Get Info window or Installer Dialog
instruction, it works like a charm.

And one other use of Screen Zoom; for some reason, every now and then I get
a DVD (typically old) that even after selecting Full Screen, displays the
movie with a large border around it. Screen Zoom quickly fixes that.

HTH
*It's the Ctrl key not the usual Cmd key.