The properties property

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 20 17:42:48 EST 2012

On 11/20/12 3:11 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I think I've seen posts in the past mentioning that getting the properties
> of an object doesn't return all of them but I didn't realise until today
> just how many are missing.
>
> I've only been working with getting the properties of a stack but here's
> just a partial list of missing properties:
>
> mainStack
> systemWindow
> Just about all the color/pattern properties (foregroundcolor,
> foregroundPattern, etc)
> location
> textalign
>
> Is there any reliable way of getting a complete list of the properties
> associated with an object?

The only ones listed are the ones that can't be derived from the
primaries. I.e., loc, height, width, etc can be determined from the
rect. Mainstack can be determined from the long name. Specific colors
and patterns can be derived from the colors and patterns properties. Not
sure about text properties but there's probably something.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com