ANN: ExplicitProperties plugin available

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Nov 19 18:53:00 EST 2012

I've just released a small plugin "ExplicitProperties", available
through  http://www.tweedly.org

I've long been a fan of explicitVariables in the IDE - the combination
of my sloppy typing and no-longer-youthful eyesight make it an
invaluable help in finding my typing errors. In my current project I'm
using a lot more custom properties than I have in the past - and fairly
quickly found that typing errors were just as common in typing custom
property names as they are in typing variable names :-)

So - a small plugin that takes a fairly naive approach to finding custom
property references, and then lets the user specify which ones are "ok"
(like a spellchecker allows you to accept words specific to your
document that aren't in a general dictionary).

Any or all feedback welcome.

-- Alex.
P.S. I particularly liked the small oddities I found - LC is very
permissive about including the word "the" ...
a. It's OK to say, e.g.,     put the the the the number of chars in ...
b. It's also OK to say     add the 1 to myVar