URL function fails on http requests, results in "invalid host address", other internet functions work correctly

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Nov 19 15:57:10 EST 2012

Within the past many months I've had URLs not acquire an IP address on the first try. When I retry, they acquire the IP. I've thought it was our DNS being slow to respond. I've thought perhaps it was my machine being impatient with DNS lookups. It occurs to me that mostly it is when my LiveCode app is trying to look up a DNS entry to grab a config file to ensure it is the latest code running. Could be the livecode DNS lookup routine is impatient. Could be it should be waiting a tad longer for a DNS response and it isn't. Might be a bug in LiveCode.

Just a thought,
Kee Nethery