Scrolling List Field/Table

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 17 13:05:25 EST 2012

On 11/16/12 10:27 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> They're pretty simple tables, single line rows, 3 or 4 columns.  I'll play
> around with the new stuff.
>
> So is the generic format something like:
>
> set the textalign of line 3 of filed "xyz" to "right".

Yup, that's all there is to it.

Here's what I did to add a user note to the app's field text. It is
slightly inset with padding and the background is colored so it stands
out visually. The spaceAbove property prevents the colored area from
extending up to the baseline of the preceding line:

put 15 into tPadding
set the backgroundcolor of line tLineNum of fld tFld to "226,225,192"
set the padding of line tLineNum of fld tFld to tPadding -- insets all sides
set the spaceAbove of line tLineNum of fld tFld to tPadding -- drop the
top content area down

I also wanted the user to be able to enter a multi-line note but I
didn't want to have to track multiple paragraphs per note. That's where
the soft returns came in handy. I replaced all crs in the user entry
with numToChar(11) and visually it looks like separate paragraphs, but
the script sees the whole thing as a single line. That was extremely
handy. All the above works fine regardless of how many "lines" the user
entered in their note.

I love the new field properties.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com