Reuse an image

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Fri Nov 16 04:56:58 EST 2012

Hi Peter,

Am 15.11.2012 um 21:27 schrieb Peter Bogdanoff <bogdanoff at me.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Simple task: I want to reuse an image that was imported as a control into a substack.
>
> I know I can copy and paste, but I want to now replace many externally referenced images with their internal equivalents that I just imported. In other words, substitute the external with internal while keeping the old locs, scripts, etc., in place.
>
> Can this be done?

you already got some hints from the list.

But next time you should NOT import duplicates of the external images
but rather do a repeat loop through your stack, all cards and images and
kind of "import" the images into the same images with:
put the filename of img i of cd x into tFileName
if tFilename  <> empty then
  put url("binfile:" & tFilename) into img i of cd x
end if
This way all "formatting" of your images will be untouched!

Maybe you can still do this. :-)

> Thanks!
>
> Peter Bogdanoff

Best