Scrolling List Field/Table

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 15 22:17:53 EST 2012

On 11/15/12 8:27 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Well, I guess understanding the new paragraph features is going to take a
> while.  Not even sure what a paragraph is in the context of a scrolling
> list field - is every line a paragraph? Also not sure if I can replicate a
> table exactly since I want to have the ability to scroll vertically.

Every line is a paragraph, which corresponds to a row. You can turn on
vgrid and hgrid for a range of lines instead of the whole field if you
want to simulate cells. Lines can have their own background colors now.
You can inset text from the margins and the grids with the padding
property, or the spaceAbove/spaceBelow properties, or the different
indent properties. Because all of this is just lines in a field, you
dont need to do anything to manage scrolling, it will just work.

What type of table are you reproducing? If it's just tabbed text, it
shouldn't be too hard. You can also use imagesources in the lines if you
need images.

There is a new "soft" return that allows you to have multiple visible
lines in a paragraph, even though the script will treat it as a single
line. I don't see a way to make that work within tabbed "cells" though,
it applies only to whole lines. If you need multiple lines per cell then
it probably won't work too well.

I'm using several of these features in my current project and they work
great. Maybe that's why I'm so enthusiastic about them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com