iOS: restoring in-app purchases

Jamie Stuart jamie at eurotalk.com
Tue Nov 13 11:42:57 EST 2012

Chris,

1] mobileRestorePurchases
2] assuming purchases exist, you'll receive a purchaseStateUpdate message with the purchaseID from the app store
3] mobilePurchaseState(purchaseID) will then return the type "restored"
4] you can then mobilePurchaseConfirmDelivery purchaseID to confirm delivery and do any processing you require.

See page 58 of the iOS release Notes. Below is a sample purchaseStateUpdate handler

on purchaseStateUpdate purchaseID
    switch mobilePurchaseState(purchaseID)
        case "paymentReceived"
            mobilePurchaseConfirmDelivery purchaseID
            -- deal with a successful purchase
            mobileDisablePurchaseUpdates
            break
        case "restored"
            mobilePurchaseConfirmDelivery purchaseID
            -- deal with a restored purchase
            break
        case "error"
            answer "A problem occured during purchase handling:" & return & return & mobilePurchaseError(purchaseID)
            mobileDisablePurchaseUpdates
            -- deal with a problematic purchase
            break
        case "cancelled"