Bug with Popup menus on Windows

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Nov 9 11:38:02 EST 2012

Posted this on the Dev list a couple of days ago but still looking for an
answer so trying here.

I'm seeing some strange behavior with popup menus on Windows.  The same
menus work perfectly on OS X.

I have a customer who has reported that after right clicking on a scrolling
list field to bring up a popup menu, he is unable to select any of the
items on it nor get rid of the popup.

I have not seen quite that behavior but if I right click, then select a
menu item that has submenu items attached to it, I cannot get out of the
submenus unless I select one, nor can I get out of the popup itself.

I could not find a bug report on the first problem but I found bug# 9718 on
the second issue, recognised as a bug on 9/12/2011 but apparently still not
fixed.  Surely this is a serious enough problem to warrant being fixed in
less than a year!

If anyone else has come across these issues and has any sort of workaround,
I;d be grateful to hear it.

Thanks,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>