Using SMTP lib

André Rombauts andre.rombauts at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:31:44 EST 2012

>> Any Firewall running?
>> Maybe the Firewall is blocking Livecode connecting to the mailserver over port 25.
>
> If a FW was blocking, the port would be blocked too for my current Apple Mail app, I think.
> Performing other tests.

I change to port 465. The script advances somewhat: a connection can be established, but getting the message
Opening:false, then everything hangs (and I have to force LC to quit).

get smtpOpen(pServer,pPort,pAuthentication,pUsername,pPassword)
  altLog "Opening:" & it
  if it is false then
    get smtpClose()
    altLog "Error Connecting to Server:" & it
    altLog smtpGetTranscript()
    return "false"
  end if

As I don't even get the message "Error Connecting to Server", I guess that LC is blocked in smtpOpen() command

Then I changed to port 587, and advanced a bit more: port openend, message sent but refused:

Message: <<<  530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

André