Banging on about Mac Classic

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:35:59 EST 2012

On 11/07/2012 09:28 PM, Mike Kerner wrote:
> I can't believe you're making fun of my LC by calling it "steam-driven".
>   Yes, it has heat issues, but it still happily runs a HC stack I wrote for
> it some 20 years ago.

I wasn't calling your LC "steam-driven" (unless it is a different model
to my LC III); but
I was pointing out, ever-so-subtly, that my BBC Micro Master Compact
beat your LC into a cocked hat :)

> Let me know if you get any replies.  I might like to try putting LC on it
> and trying it out, but would the XCMD's/XFCN's work?

As far as I am aware XCMDs and XFCNs for Hypercard do not work with RR/LC.

However, an awful lot of code is readily transferable, and having a lot
of stacks I wrote for HC backed up
(on ZIP disks: hence my Linux box having a SCSI PCI card), it might not
be a bad idea to transfer some of the cleverer
ones to RR 1.1.1 rather than have to rewrite everything from scratch.