Psting images into LC

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:30:12 EST 2012

Hi Christophe,

Christophe Leske wrote
> I got a quick question related to images...
> I was under the impression that when you paste an image onto a card, LC
> would make an entry for it in the image library...
> Apparently this is not the case either? I can see my pasted image on my
> card, but where is it stored? Does it appear somewhere in an asset list
> like in Flash or Director (cast libs, or library)?

Some months ago, I asked a similar question in this mail list:

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Recreating-complex-interfaces-and-or-field-formatting-on-preOpenCard-td4650198.html

Back then, I wrote:
Assembling a card on preopencard is useful for reusing the
same color jpg image in different ways (as card background, with crop,
with zoom, with inkeffects, in sepia tone, in black and white, etc...)
in the same card. If I remember well, each different use would
require import the same image many times. Or not???

Probably, someone posted a solution for this, and I just
not noticed it or read that particular message.
If this feature is really useful for you, please try, experiment
and post your results for a follow up. You will be sure that
many will give it a try and post their own code to make
it works as expected.

Alejandro