Another scroller query

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Nov 3 10:07:02 EDT 2012

As I said in my previous message, I'm experimenting with iOS scrolling, starting with the "Mobile Scroller Example" on the RunRev site. One way my experiment differs from theirs is that I don't want the scrolling rectangle (contentRect) to start at the edge of the card (i.e. left = 0), whereas the RunRev example does. I find that however I position the contentRect, when I scroll right, although if I keep dragging I can see the left edge of the group which I'm trying to scroll "through" the rectangle, when I let go, it will come to rest at the edge of the card rather than the edge of the rectangle, so some of the object is now hidden when I didn't want it to be. How can I make sure the left hand edge of the group being scrolled will end up at left hand edge of the contentRect? And if I can't, is this a bug or a feature?

TIA

Graham