developing for mobile devices

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 2 13:04:12 EDT 2012

tbodine wrote:
>>Heck, I just wish the LC dictionary
>>would be provided in PDF file so we could print it out.
>
> Is it just me, or is the built-in search feature of the LC dictionary quite
> bad? (Example: search "array" and you get just 2 results, neither of which
> tells you how to create or work with an array.)

I find the See Also section very valuable.

For example, the See Also sections for the two tokens that show up when
searching for "array" include:

arrayEncode Function,
URLDecode Function
arrayDecode Function
keys Function
[] Keyword
write to socket Command

As a quick reference for syntax it's not so bad when you take advantage
of the hyperlinking to related topics.  Should ideally also include
pointers to split and combine, but both of those (and many more) are in
the See Also links for the keys token and others.

For more in-depth discussion, the User Guide yields 23 pages of results
when searching for "array", including good discussion of basic usage,
the split and combine commands, using array syntax for working custom
properties, and more.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World