developing for mobile devices

Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel skip at magicgate.com
Fri Nov 2 09:19:52 EDT 2012

Christophe,

First and foremost, welcome to LiveCode and to this list.  It is
welcoming to see some familiar names from the Director community!  Let
me say that from a previous Director advocate, I totally understand
your frustration and sense of confusion.

LC has sooooo many things going for it and I have fully endorsed it as
my development tool.  I do quite a bit of desktop application /
database product development and LiveCode has filled  the gap that
Director failed me.  As an added bonus, the ability to also produce
cross platform mobile apps, to me, is an added bonus.   A HUGE bonus!

Having said that, I have spent so much time researching items,
techniques and procedures, like you have indicated in your email that
it becomes very frustrating at times.  The good thing about Director
is that there was quite a bit of printed material and documentation
out there that it was very easy to get around and find what you were
looking for.

I wish there were more books out there like Colin's and books that
covered different skill levels.  Heck, I just wish the LC dictionary
would be provided in PDF file so we could print it out.  With Director
I made it a habit to read through their dictionary every couple of
months to inspire new ideas and concepts and to make sure that I was
getting the most out of my product.

This list is a very good resource for you and your questions.
Everybody seems to be very helpful and knowledgeable in different
aspects of LC development.

By the way, I like your idea:
> Ok, so what I am now after would be ideally a table with all available UI
> elements on iOS (by iOS version number), and how to invoke these (if
> possible) in LC.

SKIP KIMPEL
Magicgate Software