Nuts! Where did that go? WTH!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 31 23:13:00 EDT 2012

On 5/31/12 8:24 PM, Mark Rauterkus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did save the stack.
> So, the recent stacks command sees the stack, but when I click on it
> to open it -- the computer says "File not found."

Do you know what folder it was saved in? Have you tried looking there
manually in Explorer? If the file was saved at least once, it's still
got be be there somewhere. A freeze and/or crash like you had won't
delete existing files, though it may have a tilde in front of the name
if it didn't save correctly. Also remember the file may have a variation
on the file name you expect.

If you do find a file with a tilde in front of the name, just remove the
tilde and then open it in LiveCode.

> Tonight I'm able to replicate the crashing on two different instances.
> So, I've got it to crash 2 out of 4 times.
>
> Open a couple of stacks. Make them new and hardly with anything in
> them as this was fatal to a stack I was working on today.
> Make a new test button and then go to put in a new script for the button.
> on mouseUp
>     copy card
> end mouseUp
>
> (UNDERSTANDING that COPY CARD IS A BOGUS command.)
>
> Then in the debugger window, click on the green triangle icon arrow
> pointing to the right, to debug.
> Then the dictionary / bottom part of the screen fills with goodies.
> Then the green button turns to orange. (Right, copy card isn't a legal script.)
> Then if you click the ORANGE button -- the green one is gone -- the
> cursor for me SOMETIMES turns into the WIN blue circle and the screens
> and all apps freeze.

This is a very good, precise recipe. Please send it to bugs at runrev.com.
They will want to know so they can fix it. As painful as it's been for
you, you've actually done a good deed by finding it. Maybe you can save
others some trouble.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com