Outlet for Mac Apps

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Wed May 30 01:05:57 EDT 2012

On 2012-05-29, at 9:48 PM, -=>JB<=- wrote:

> I learned to correct the problem so you
> can download updates for software bought with your old
> id is to delete the program from your disk.  Then start up
> MacApp and you will be able to install the software you
> have purchased on the old id without any fees.

This solution was suggested to me elsewhere, but sadly it had no effect on my account. I can only assume it is because Apple transferred my details from the UK App Store to the Canadian App Store. When I launch the App Store it shows absolutely nothing in my purchase history. If I go to the page for the deleted software, it doesn't show the 'Install' button, just a 'Price' button or in some cases an 'Installed' button, so no way to re-install.

I sent several emails to the App Store support staff and in the end they were very sympathetic, but could only point me to the iTunes Terms and Conditions. I get the impression it was just legal issue that they weren't able/prepared to do anything about. I can still use the current versions of any software installed, but I just can't re-install/update any of it.

Paul