Upgrade to Lion

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue May 29 02:21:04 EDT 2012

So... previously I was free to do whatever I wanted and at some point I chose "Save As..." if I wanted to keep my current version next to my new version. Simple.

Now I no longer have the freedom to do whatever I want, as Apple forces me to use their and exactly their workflow and nothing but their workflow. To replace the Save As... command with the Duplicate... command, Apple had to add a hugely complex system to my computer that uses a considerable amount of processing resources and hard disk space. MY processing resources and hard disk space. If I accidentally forget that I'm using a "current version", I have to hack my way through Apple's versioning system, find the right version and restore it, which takes a lot of time and effort compared to a simple "Save As...".

And then all those other things such as a Dock you can't get rid of, useless Spaces, slow Exposé, processor time consuming Dashboard, slow Spotlight, expensive and slow Time Machine,... No thanks. My next laptop will run Linux and my next Mac will be a Mac Mini for testing only and I will postpone buying a new Mac for as long as possible.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

We will have room for new projects after 1 June. Contact me now and be first in line.