How Do You UNDO?

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at superstudent.net
Sun May 27 22:25:29 EDT 2012

Monte, thank you for the info, too:

On 28/05/2012, at 12:16 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Yep, it really is a much better starting point for desktop app development in LiveCode. If your doing anything with LiveCode server don't miss revIgniter either. I appreciate Trevor and Ralf's contribution to the community so much I've given them lifetime access to mergExt.

I've had a look at RevIgniter, and it does look very powerful, and similar to the famous PHP framework CodeIgniter, which I am already familiar with. Unfortunately, I abandoned CodeIgniter a while ago, in favour of other frameworks that better suit the technologies I use. I have been using the SlimPHP framework a lot, which makes it snap-easy to create a RESTful interface on the server.

Doing some searching, I found Andre Garzia's RevSpark framework, which is very similar to SlimPHP - they are both based on a third Ruby framework called 'Sinatra' - and seems to follow the same approach: http://www.andregarzia.com/page/revspark

I've been 'playing' with RevSpark, and I think this is *almost* exactly what I need. I want to drop the author a line, but am waiting until I become a bit more proficient with LiveCode, so I'll at least sound as if I know what I'm talking about... ;-)

Once again, many, many thanks for all the pointers. Please, keep those suggestions coming! There is so much for me to learn! :-)

Kind regards to all,

--
Igor Couto
Sydney, Australia