xml files with LC
Björnke von Gierke
bvg at mac.com
Fri May 25 12:11:55 EDT 2012
I'd say, don't use the revxml functions, but go with the itemdel & linedel approach:
- only if this is a one time job, or the files are made by a stable source (not accepting _any_ xml or error prone sources)
- Don't use a fuckton of the weirder type of data containers
- You have smalish data (not tens of thousend of items)
- It's easier to code, and you don't have to learn the weird xml functions
- Finally, you don't need an external (if you deploy a standalone)
--exampleoff the top of my head...
--prolly doesn't work but shows how I actually do it in bvg docu 2
set the itemdelimter to "<"
set the linedelimter to ">"
repeat for each line theLine in theXML
--maybe add code for nested shit?
--add one to myDepthCount
--repeat for each item in theLine
--substract one from myDepthCount
put char 2 to -1 of item 1 of theLine into theType
put item 2 of theLine into theContent --might also need some chars omitted i guess
--end of example that prolly doesn't work
Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
Chat with other RunRev developers:
More information about the Use-livecode