rev cgi at Bluehost: libX11.so.6 not found

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed May 9 23:39:17 EDT 2012

Livecode server works just fine at Dreamhost. And they have some of the
best uptime and support in the industry, at competitive prices. Thanks to
Andre for helping me get it running. All you need is a properly made
.htaccess file at the top of the domain - no modification of Apache, which
one can't do anyway on a shared server.

Options +ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AddHandler livecode-script .lc .irev
DirectoryIndex index.irev index.lc index.php index.html
Action livecode-script /cgi-bin/livecode-server/livecode-server

and this one in the cgi-bin folder

Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script

 the permissions must be set in a certain way for this to work.

here's the cgi-bin arrangement w/ permissions at one of my sites
http://barncard.com/downloads/LIVECODE_SERVER_SETUP.pdf

graphic thanks to Clarify

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> Curt Ford wrote:
> > Does anyone have experience with a rev cgi at Bluehost?
>
> Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA