paying for bug fixes (was Re: [ANN] Installer Maker Plugin 1.7.8)

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri May 4 17:41:51 EDT 2012

If I may chime in here, if there is a bug in a prior major revision, and no one called to say so, and there is no maintenance contract, then I think the end user should pay for the new major version. You may as a favor, and if you know what the problem is, do a bug fix and release it, but that would be up to you IMHO. Also, if no one called to report the bug, it was either no a very big one, or else not a very commonly encountered one, or the end user was thinking, "I'll not bother to report it." In any case it doesn't seem fair that the developer should be REQUIRED to fix it, but of course may opt to do so in the interest of good customer relations.

Bob