[ANN] Installer Maker Plugin 1.7.8

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu May 3 21:57:28 EDT 2012

>>> You can download the Installer Maker Plugin from our website at
>>> http://rrinstallermaker.economy-x-talk.com where you can also obtain
>>> a license. This version is free for everyone who bought a license
>>> during the past 3 months.
>

>> Er... this just caught my eye. You make people pay for bug fixes?

While I can see how it would be hard to part with the cash if in that 3 months there wasn't a significant new feature it's not unreasonable if the features keep coming on a regular basis as as far as I can tell Mark's addon is quite actively developed. In fact it's because Mark is so active with Installer Maker that I  didn't push ahead with my InstallGadget 2 plans a couple of years back. This market just isn't big enough. IG will quite possibly become a mergExt freebie at some stage.

mergExt has a similar scheme as it's treated like a big bucket of stuff (including support) which you pay for access to. Obviously you can keep using the stuff when you don't have access to updates but the general idea is to encourage people to maintain their access like a subscription (although leaving it up to them rather than forcing the issue). mergExt has an additional 20% discount off the already discounted price for people buying more access to updates before their time is up similar to Mark's 50% off if buying again within a year. The main reason I'm doing it this way is so I can release new features (externals etc) without worrying about who has the right to what. I assume Mark would have similar reasoning.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services