CHEESE! Was: Windows: Programm Compatibility Assistent

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Thu Mar 29 08:10:35 EDT 2012

Hi friends,

just wanted to draw some attention to my question :-)
Any hints still heavily appreciated!

Am 28.03.2012 um 18:40 schrieb Klaus on-rev:

> Hi friends,
>
> I have a strange problem with my windows app(s) on Win7.
>
> 1. I created a runtime XYZ.exe, UAC Execution Level -> Default
> 2. I created an installer "Install XYT.exe" with UAC Execution Level -> ADMNISTRATOR, Its an installer :-)
>
> Everythings gets installed fine in general on XP and Win7, but when I quit either of the apps on Win7 I get
> the Windows dialog here...

OK, it turned out that the dialog will only displayde after the INSTALLER quits,
NOT the installed exe!

On the last card of my installer there is a button "Launch application & quit".
the installed exe will start, teh installer quits and the dialog, that definitvely belongs
to the installer, popped up AFTER I quit the exe?!

> English:
> <http://major-k.de/temp/win7compatibilityerror_en.gif>
>
> German:
> <http://major-k.de/temp/win7compatibilityerror.jpg>
>
> Waht is puzzling me is the fact that this is an installer!, that one will load from the internet,
> run it once and then trash it, so it is not being "installed" in any way at all!?
> Know what I mean?
>
> I thought that the UAC would take care of this?
> Is there any way to get rid of that diaolog with the means of Livecode?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

Anyway, I think this is a bug and already wrote to support.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major