LiveCode Player for 5.5

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:36:49 EDT 2012

Hi Mark,

Mark Schonewille-3 wrote

> I've been in computer labs where computers wouldn't have an
> (accessible) CD-rom drive or USB port. Computers in offices
> may not allow limited users to start an exe that's not installed
> in the programmes folder on the network.

Well, maybe (just maybe) the safest computers are not connected
to the internet and neither are accesible physically by anyone. :-D

I have noticed that, in this country, many computer laboratories have
software similar to Deep Freeze that effectively erase all "unauthorized"
changes in the operating system:

http://alternativeto.net/software/deep-freeze/?

Maybe this explain why IT managers are more receptive in these
recennt days to allow running portable applications from USB, SD Cards
and Optical Media. You could read the sign in the wall: Turn off the
computer
when you have finished...

I wrote in this mail list some time ago:

To attract teachers and students Livecode needs...

1) An interface similar to Office programs,
with similar functions and usability.

2) scripting should be disclosed "gradually" to new users.
Jackeline have wrote about the convenience of offering
many prebuilt (and droppable) scripts for simple tasks.
Actually, teachers and students could do a lot using just
a few elements of Livecode:
For Navigation: Go Next/Back/ to Card [number][id]
For display: Show/Hide with visual effect ...
Other commands and functions: Put/Get/Set...

3) Ideally, RunRev should convince those that have
the power to make decision, to USE Livecode in their
district or institutions. After enough evidence of positive
results is produced, the platform will gain more traction
in education. Remember that every long journey, starts
with a single step...

Al