Read from process

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:39:55 EDT 2012

The documentation seems slightly confusing (to me).

On Linux I want to open a process for update, then write the command to be
executed and then read from the process and fill the output to a field.

The command takes anywhere from 1 minute to 8 minutes to execute and while
it is running it outputs the various stages and results it currently has
completed.

In the terminal window if I just do the command line it produces anywhere
between 20 to 100 lines of output where the final line has a unique output
acknowledging that it has completed.

How should I be writing my read from process?

I assume that this should be done inside a repeat forever loop where you
can trap the mouseclick to exit or check for the unique output line from
the read process to exit.

I can't seem to any output from the read statement?

Finally, is there a way to make this non blocking (ie let it run and update
the field while the user moves on to something else)?

thanks,

Glen