Android play sounds

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 28 17:30:24 EDT 2012

On 3/28/12 4:07 PM, Michael Doub wrote:

> I am thinking that it is a timing related bug in the engine.   I
> ended up testing for "no sound support" and issuing a second play
> command.   I gathered statistics and it is only ever failing on the
> first play attempt.   I am wondering if it is related to the sound
> being included in the apk package and in the engine folder rather
> than being in the documents folder.  (from the image performance
> discussion)

I think it must be something else. I do exactly the same thing but my
first sound always plays. The sounds are stored in the apk package like
yours, and I use the generic "play" command.

I wonder if it is device-related. On my Archos tablet, sounds shorter
than one second would not play at all. It turns out this was a known
issue with Archos. Your problem is not the same, but I wonder if you'd
get different results if you test on a different device.

That may be too much trouble since you've got a workaround now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com