LiveCode Player for 5.5

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:16:47 EDT 2012

Apple just seeded about $800,000 worth of iPads to my one state university
campus alone; most instructors privately concede that they just gave them
to their kids to play with.

The problem isn't with the hardware; it's usually the software and
curricular integration end (or largely lack thereof) where it ends up
being a monumental waste of money...

Here's another funny anecdote:  the instructional designers of one of
these new wing-ding websites (and the teachers adopting its usage) thought
it would be a grand idea to expect a bunch of 10-year olds to correctly
copy a 16 digit alpha-numeric code to get into the website onto a piece of
paper and be able to read it and correctly enter it at home.

REALLY???  I have adults who can't login with a login that consists of
firstInitialLastName...

Oh, and another website with a bunch of drill and kills, at the end, had a
logout button, so my 10 year old son logged out.  Lost all his work
because he wasn't prompted to "save" before logging out.  Why would you
assume a 10 year old would know to do that and not catch his error?

Mind you, this is NOT a ghetto school O_o

FWIW, I'm considering volunteering to do an after-school club for 6th
grade next year showing them how to make goofy games in LC if I can get
the school to agree to it.

Judy