ANN and OT: Calling All SETI Enthusiasts

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 16:51:28 EDT 2012

On 27 Mar 2012, at 21:19, Richmond wrote:
> Of course there is a school of thought that there isn't life anywhere, just an enormous great illusion being experienced by
> nothing.

Which for some reason made me remember this (from Monty Python):

"The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. "