May be OT: where is iOS 5.1 SDK and how can I deploy it?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Mar 27 15:39:21 EDT 2012

As I have LC5.5, I downloaded Xcode 4.3.2 from Apple. It shows up in my Applications folder and I can run it, but it doesn't seem to have altered my Developer folder at all - all the file dates seem to be earlier, and there is no sign of the 5.1 SDK. The simulator there also seems to be 5.0.

When I open the LC mobile preferences, I am asked what version of XCode I'm running. If I answer "4.3" I am asked to point LC at the 4.3 App Bundle (this is the same as "location of developer root for iOS 5.0 and above" I think), but I can't find it. I thought it might be in the actual XCode app itself (of course this is really a folder), which naturally enough is in the Applications folder, but all I can point to is

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

which results in "unknown deployment platform" when I try to test an app. If I actually look at the contents of the XCode application folder with the Finder, it does seem to have everything I need, including a new SDK and a new simulator, but I don't know what to do to tell LC to look for it (I suppose I could copy everything which  has the same name as the stuff in my current Developer folder so as to replace it, but I am not keen to try this).

I am totally at sea and so far have not found any documentation to help me. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'd be more than grateful.

Confused

Graham