revsecurtity.dll

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 18:55:05 EDT 2012

Hi Klaus,

Again, this might not be the solution you're looking for, but you could hide the dll. We use this approach on cross-platform USB drives we give to all our students. Both the revsecurity.dll and revpdfprinter.dll get hidden along with a bunch of folders we don't want the students poking around in.

On Windows we hide the necessary files/folders by setting their system and hidden flags like this (assuming thePaths contains a cr delimited list of valid file/folder paths )...

set the hideconsolewindows to true
put empty into tErrors
repeat for each line tPath in thePaths
    put theFolder&tPath into tPath
    if last char of tPath = slash then
        delete last char of tPath
    end if
    replace "/" with "\" in tPath
    put "attrib  +s +h "&quote&tPath&quote into tScript
    get shell(tScript)
    if it is not empty then
        put it &cr after tErrors
    end if
end repeat
return tErrors

...now of course the file will still be visible if the end user has hidden system files set to be visible but in our experience this is rarely the case (some users choose to show hidden files but very few show hidden system files).

If you can't hide the file beforehand then you can easily run the above routine the first time the application is run - at least that way it's only visible briefly.

Terry...