Playing Flash Video?

paolo mazza mazzapaoloitaly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:38:46 EDT 2012

I think the only way to show a flash movie (in streaming from a server
or directly from a local file) is to embed a FlashPlayer into a
revBrowser window.
However,  managing video (stop/start/pause ...) with javascript  is
not a trivial task!

In the rev Browser stack ( resources/examples folder of the LC the
distribution) , on the 4th card, there is a button "Embed a Flash
Training viewer" but the sample page does not work because the rev
browser can not find the page  "/externals/flashexample.php" .

Then, I found a thread in this mailing list addressing the
javascript-revbrowser issue ... see  "Using Javascript with RevBrowser
to control a Flash Movie" with some interesting  hints.

I am looking for a "multi-platform" solution to show streaming video
in LC stacks, but it seems to me that only the iOS solution is working
properly.In LC/Mac IDE the quicktime player can not open streaming
video (html/MPEG4). That's weird, because I can play the same video
opening it from the "Archive/connect to" menu of the QuickTime Player
10 installed in the same machine,

All the best
Paolo