side-by-side iOS external SDK

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Mar 25 14:18:32 EDT 2012

I currently use XCode 3.2.6 on OS 10.6.8 with IOS external SDK R7 applied to it to build iOS externals for iOS 4.3.  (I build iOS standalones for iOS 4.3 using LiveCode 4.6.4--sometimes with such externals--using XCode 3.2.6.)

I would like to also build externals and apps for iOS 5.

I think then I'd like to set up this side-by-side with the above configuration:
XCode 4.2 for Snow Leopard
LiveCode 5.0.2
iOS Externals SDK R10

(I think I got the compatibilities straight on that, but, if not, I welcome feedback.)

It is my understanding (or misunderstanding, perhaps) that the latter configuration will build apps and externals for 5 only, not 4.3, so I need both.

If possible, I'd like to do the side-by-side setup with the same user and on the same boot.

Is this even possible?  Or do I need to install these on different boot drives?

(I also want to keep XCode 3.2.5 for PowerPC externals.)

Dar