Source of corruption

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 21:11:36 EDT 2012

Richard.

Since I was keeping a string of backups in reseerve, I would dump the stack that became unusable and bring up the next one. After digging in various places while still trying to use the stack itself, I noticed the errant mainstack reference.

I am aware of the ease in which one can accidentally change the name of a stack in the inspector when you think you are typing somewhere else. This is a bit insidious. But this was the pulldown to set the mainstack. Though this property is settable by command, I am positive I never did this.

I could be wrong. Anyway, there is only that one stack in the file.

Why this spurious mainstack reference makes all that trouble, is a mystery to me. I am just glad it's over. I might play around with misnaming the mainstack again in another stack or a copy of this one just to see if I can really duplicate the old issue. Not sure I shouldn't leave well enough alone, though.

Craig