Text formatting for a slider

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Mar 24 14:31:59 EDT 2012

There is no way to get all the properties of an object, because "the properties" and "the propertynames" both are incomplete. There are been several enhancement requests in the "quality" center, but no action or even reply at all from LC, as usual.

The only way to get all the props is to get the list of all properties from the dictionary, and then write a script that sets each property of an object within a try/catch structure: those that fail, the object does not support.

It's super tedious, and then there's some undocumented properties too, but this approach will yield more of the possible ones then going with other approaches. Furthermore, there's no way to find out the possible settings out that way, again this can only be found in the dictionary, but this time around, it's not machine readable.