How to get the user or his rights?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Mar 23 13:00:43 EDT 2012

Okay so ID -G in OS X returns a space delimited list of groups the user belongs to. If 80 is in that list, then he is an admin. You can use the form ID -p and the results will be human readable, but you can't just look for admin because other groups may contain the string admin, like _lpadmin for example.

I am not going to dig into how to do this on Windows.

Bob