LiveCode Player for 5.5

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 06:57:21 EDT 2012

But I don't think RealStudio can build for mobile devices like iOS or
Android.  The two companies seem to be betting on different futures.
I wasn't particularly interested in the mobile space myself, but
seeing the astronomical growth in that area, I have to think I am
wrong and RunRev were right.

I recently saw a graph comparing the total sales to date of Macs
versus iPhone and iPad.  The latter two had within a few years
overtaken 20 years of cumulative sales.

I am still not a great user of mobile apps, but from what I observe
with big brand companies, they mostly want their own device-specific
app, rather than just a web app that will run on all devices.

Whether HTML technology improves to the point that it can compete with
native interfaces is another matter.  If that turns out to be the
case, then maybe RealStudios direction will prove sound.

Bernard