LiveCode Player for 5.5

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Fri Mar 23 07:25:13 EDT 2012

Thanks Richard for these thoughts.  I believe I fall into a variant of the "camp A" which you've mentioned, working with organizations run by really dumb and most of all lazy IT staff.  Not all of our clients are like this, but frequently we'll run into IT guys who are simply too lazy too download anything to all the machines in their schools.  This is a sales block and my hope was that Rev's browser plugin would get us past that, even though that, too, must be downloaded.

I couldn't agree more with the technical case you've made here but who was that shoe salesman in New York who made the famous comment "Give the lady what she wants"?  We've got to make sales and if the client wants software that runs in a browser we can either argue with her or make the sale and move on.  Obviously the latter of these is by far preferable.

Ray Horsley
LinkIt! Software