UrlEncode oddness

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 22 20:04:46 EDT 2012

On 3/22/12 6:50 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi Jacque,
>
> Do you mean that the syntax I posted produced different results on
> OSX and iOS? That could be a bug.
>
> What happens if you just try to open the UTF-8 encoded URL on iOS
> (without urlEncoding it).

I've tried both, and several other things too. iOS 5.1 will not resolve
a URL with high-ascii characters, even if I paste in Dropbox's encoded
URL directly. This only happens if a directory has those characters. If
the file name itself is urlEncoded, it works fine.

Spaces in directory names used to work if they were encoded as "%20",
now those are failing for me too since I updated to 5.1. Again, spaces
in file names work okay as long as they are encoded.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com