Need an example of how to use "try" and "catch"

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:37:57 EDT 2012

I have been using the try/catch idiom for years.  I like the structure
it gives my code - visually it makes it very clear where I am
expecting problematic sections to be.  I rarely use 'finally'.
However the problem has always been with interpreting the error codes
that arise.  For years I got round that by incorporating Mark
Schonewille's errorLib in my stacks.

Like you, I find that sqlYoga really needs try/catch.  I did see
somewhere else that Trevor recommended having some specific error
handler implemented, but for me just wrapping the calls that go to the
database in try/catch solves the problem.

Bernard