iOS Caching?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Mar 22 12:26:35 EDT 2012

Greetings,

I am experiencing an issue on my iPad with my LiveCode project that is puzzling me.  It appears that my iOS app is caching data from a server.  Once I read a file from my server in my app, that's the only version of the file that I get.  For example, I read the file and I get the correct data.  I then change the data on the server.  I then read the data again on the iPad, and I get the original copy of the data!  The same thing happens even if I alter the data on the server from the iPad its self!

To read the data, I am using a simple put:
	put decompress(url myFilePath) into tMyData

I can write to the server without issue.  Using a simple "put", I can write the data to the server without issue.  I have verified this is working.  However, re-reading the data returns the original version of the data!

I don't think the issue is my server as the EXACT code is working perfectly on the desktop version of LC (and has been for years).

Any thoughts or ideas of what could cause this??  ANY advice is appreciated as I have already pulled most of my hair out on this!

-Dan