revCopyFile

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:25:26 EDT 2012

The advantages derive from the fact that LiveCode isn't doing the actual
copying with revCopyFile -- the Finder is. For completeness, the same
advantage applies to using a shell command. You don't get a progress dialog
though.

Okay, I just did a quick one-off test with interface sounds off. For thirty
files that were each about 70kb, using a shell command was about 3x faster
than using revCopyFile. That's without taking advantage of the ability to
move and rename in one step with a shell command. If that's what you're
doing, the advantage would be even greater.