revCopyFile

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Mar 21 14:24:01 EDT 2012

no, he's speaking about the cute (and or annoying) little UI sounds that
the Mac has had for some time, and one has to "opt in" to turn it off. It's
a soft clunk sound that occurs after ever file transfer to indicate
'transfer complete'.

That was probably a big reason why multiple file transfers would take more
time - loading and unloading the sound - and perhaps the reason why it
failed after memory was exceeded. When the mac runs out of 'real' memory,
then the 'virtual memory' kicks in and you'll see the spinning OS gold ball.