Error Codes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 20 16:40:26 EDT 2012

On 3/20/12 12:37 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
> OK, I give up. How do you translate error number into descriptive
> text?

There's a plugin that Richard Gaskin and I developed. I've been trying
to upload it to RevOnline for some time but it won't let me. Until that
gets fixed, anyone who wants it can grab it from my Dropbox:

<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23431607/LiveCode%20Error%20Lookup.livecode.zip>

The advantage of this little stack over a static resource (besides being
free) is that it dynamically loads the error list from the currently
running copy of LiveCode. That means it will never go out of date, and
will change depending on which version of LiveCode you open it in.

There's a second card that's intended for use with debugging iOS errors
copied from the Console app. There's an Info button in the stack for
more details.

It hasn't been thoroughly tested but I've been using it for some time
without any problems. The scripts are open, so you can change it if you
want. If you do, please let me know so I can update the "master" copy.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com